Career opportunities with Gorove Slade
With that said, if you’re reading this you’re probably interested in getting in touch with us about a job. Read through the position descriptions below, and if you’re still interested go further to “What to do.”
At Gorove Slade, Project Managers are transportation engineers and planners with several (many) years of experience inside of an engineering firm like ours. Project Managers are expected to do the following:
- Interact with clients on matters of project scope, fee, and schedule, and with the firm’s Principals on project strategy and business development.
- Interact with engineers and planners on every facet of client work. Project Managers are the technical leads for our engagements.
- Deliver studies and designs that are technically correct, on-time, and on-budget
- Take responsibility for the professional development of the engineering and planning staff
We don’t hire project management generalists – only experienced traffic engineers and transportation planners, including those ready to make the transition into a management role.
Engineers and planners work as a member of a project team (typically consisting of a Principal, Project Manager, and Planner/Engineer) and draw upon the knowledge of and experience with transportation planning and traffic engineering principles to produce memos, reports, studies, drawings, and other work product that meet a client’s needs for an engagement. Our planners and engineers work on the full scope of Gorove Slade’s client engagements.
- Minimum requirements in addition to post-college work experience are:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using Synchro and/or Vissim and Vistro
- Experience using some or all of the following software packages: Corsim, Microstation, AutoCAD, Autoturn, GIS, Wintass, and HCS.
We LOVE to hear from engineers and planners with even a small amount of post-college experience who may be looking for new challenges or a better work environment.
Our firm recruits actively at colleges and universities from which we’ve had successful hires in the past. If you’re a recent or soon-to-be graduate of a civil engineering or urban planning program (Bachelor or Masters Degree okay) with an interest in transportation engineering and planning as evidenced by coursework in those areas – go ahead and send us a resume.
Send your resume (in PDF format please) to [email protected] or fill out the form below. In the subject line of the email indicate the position that you’re most qualified for. A cover letter is not necessary, but a summary of your experience and interest in the body of the email would be appreciated.
Gorove Slade offers a standard package of traditional employee benefits, listed below.
The greatest benefits to working at the company are the opportunities to:
- Contribute to the improvement of the built environment and the places that people work, live, and play.
- Work with a great team of engineers and planners in a professional, supportive environment
- Develop engineering, project management, and client service skills
Employee benefits include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical-Related Expenses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Insurance
- Life/Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Coffee, water, soda, and frequent snacks
Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc., a Fairfax, VA company, is looking for a Transportation Engineer with:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering;
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in Vissim, ArcGIS, Synchro and AutoCAD.
Please send resume to Melinda Eleazer, Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc., 4114 Legato Rd, Suite 650, Fairfax, VA 22033 or email resume to [email protected]. Refer to Job #YC22 in your cover letter.