Medimmune – a biosciences company – occupies a large acreage campus-style headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The campus area (the Ridges) consists of five (5) buildings built as Phase I of the master plan development. Phase II (also called Project 95) will consist of two additional office buildings (Areas 6 and 7), a new garage (Garage C) and the expansion of an existing garage (Garage B). Gorove Slade has completed several projects in support of various facilities initiatives. Those projects include:
Phase II Implementation. Gorove Slade completed projects supporting the Phase II implementation of the Master Plan. The firm provided site master planning services, including strategies to support the expansion of the Meadows.
Specific tasks and studies include:
- An Access/Circulation Study for the Ridges, an Access/Circulation Study for the Meadows, a Pedestrian Study, and a Parking Study
- Expansion to adjacent leased space. Gorove Slade provided input into a plan to expand operations to adjacent leased space. Tasks included: submission of design requests with supporting documents and plans to the Maryland State Highway Administration (M-SHA) for the implementation of identified pedestrian access improvements.
- Master Plan Follow-up. Gorove Slade worked with the Burt Hill design team and Medimmune staff to develop and evaluate conceptual alternatives. The firm’s focus was on the traffic, pedestrian, and road network aspects of the design concepts, including site access and circulation and parking garage and service vehicle access and circulation.
- Speed and Pedestrian Study. The firm provided professional engineering services in conjunction with the installation of traffic calming measures to lower the speed limit along the internal loop road serving the campus and for evaluating existing pedestrian safety throughout the campus.
- 2012 Master Plan. Gorove Slade completed a traffic impact study for use by Medimmune management as they continue planning the future of their corporate campus.
- Data Collection,
- Parking Studies,
- Site Access & Circulation,
- Speed Studies,
- Traffic & Transportation Studies